This new and independent union has been created by the UAL flight attendants from all three subsidiaries, some of whom were previously officers, committee chairs and volunteers for AFA-CWA. With the help of expert professional, legal, and financial services, UFAA has been created for the exclusive purpose of representing UAL Flight Attendants in the spirit of true democracy and membership control. With UFAA as our collective bargaining representative, we will reclaim our professional power, rights, salaries, and dignity!
The United Flight Attendants Association (UFAA) is a labor organization registered with the U.S. Department of Labor. UFAA has a complete Constitution, including a “Membership Bill of Rights”. UFAA also has an Operating Budget, a legal staff with extensive expertise in aviation labor and the Railway Labor Act, as well as an accounting firm with years of experience in labor organizations. UFAA founders, volunteers, and supporters are staunch supporters of union organized labor and dedicated to preserving AND improving representation for all UAL flight attendants.
• Filed with the Department of Labor as a labor organization
• Established an Operating Budget
• Established interim leadership
• Secured legal representation with expertise in aviation labor
• Secured experienced administrative assistance/staff
• Published a complete web-site for informational purposes
• Implemented UFAA domicile campaign structures
The power of UFAA will be vested in us, its members! The structure of our union will be simple, cost efficient, and effective. And, the best part: Our dues money will remain with us, working directly for us, instead of being spent on other airlines, a bloated, out-of-control bureaucracy, or questionable agendas. In the next few months, we will provide you with accurate information, and dispel any rumors, to allow you to make an informed decision. And, we will show you why UFAA is the BEST and MOST SENSIBLE choice for our union representation!
- With direct membership voting on every issue, the UFAA will throw off the stigma of uncontrollability with a fresh approach and a practical way to align attitudes and behaviors that embody the desires for a new Union culture.
- Direct membership voting will break down legacy taboos and traditions empowering the membership to truly believe and join in changes necessary for a combined workforce.
- Uniting behind this key factor of importance will empower and inspire the UFAA membership to work together to erode the territorial and legacy issues, politics and subsidiary centric priorities to build a strong, forward thinking team for the betterment of ALL Flight Attendants at our company.
- From day one UFAA will quickly lay the foundation for an aligned Union leadership by involving key stakeholders of all three subsidiaries who will be guided and controlled directly by the membership. This will allow the membership to rally for something they believe in, something important to each and every one of us… a combined workforce.
- Please help us gain a brighter future for ALL United Flight Attendants. Download and sign a card today!
UFAA: Our chance for a truly democratic Union
- We cannot lose our contracts, they’re protected under the law!
- We cannot be fired or disciplined for trying to change unions!
- We cannot be harassed or intimidated for seeking an election!
- We cannot accept the “status quo” anymore!
- We can have a strong independent union without AFA-CWA!
- We can have a union controlled by its members!
- We can expect fairness and accountability!
- We can put our dues money to work directly for US!
- We will have a stronger and better union!
- We will stand up for what is right and fair!
- We will regain our pride, worth, and dignity!
- We will prevail and take control of our future!
The UFAA Constitution is radically different from AFA’s
Because, in fact, the theme throughout the UFAA is “membership control” in every aspect! We encourage you to take a look at our Constitution: